Your data, privacy and the law
How we use your medical records
This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We share some of your data with local out of hours and urgent or emergency care service
- We provide a joint enhanced access service with other practices in our local network. If you have an appoint outside of our 8.00am to 6.30pm hours, Drs from other GP practices will access your information.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
For more information please contact us.