Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
The first call for help takes courage. If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health or wellbeing, expert help is available from Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service.
If you’re due to leave the Armed Forces, just left the Armed Forces or left many years ago, Op COURAGE is here to help. You will be able to speak to people who:
- understand the Armed Forces and military life
- are either from the Armed Forces community or highly experienced in working with Serving personnel, Reservists, Veterans and their families
- will work with you to make sure you get the right type of specialist care, support, and treatment.
The service can be contacted directly by yourself or you can ask your GP, a charity or someone else, such as a family member or friend, to do this on your behalf.
What will happen when you contact Op COURAGE
To make sure you get the right care and support, you will first have an assessment by someone who understands the specific needs of the Armed Forces community.
The service offers a range of treatment, which includes:
- working with Defence Medical Services to make sure you get mental health care and support as you transition from the military to civilian life
- recognising the early signs of mental health problems and providing care and treatment for this
- therapeutic treatment for more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- intensive emergency care and treatment if you’re in a crisis
- helping you to access other NHS services if needed, such as psychological therapies (IAPT) services and eating disorder services
- working with charities and local organisations to support you with your wider health and wellbeing needs, such as housing, relationships, finances, employment, drug and alcohol misuse and social support.
For more information including contact details for the service, visit: www.nhs.uk/opcourage
Content provided by NHS Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). For more information, please visit www.liverpoolccg.nhs.uk.
Published on Thu, 02 Sep 2021 10:24:41 GMT
Modified on Thu, 02 Sep 2021 10:24:41 GMT